When Should You Give a Card?
Now that you have your brand new business cards, it is time to put them to good use. High quality business cards which are unique will stand out, and you may run out quickly because everyone wants one. There are some business card tips which will help you make your business cards work effectively for you, resulting in more business and business contacts than ever before. With great business cards, it is not uncommon to see your business increase, and even double at times.
What to Do Once You Have Your Business Cards at Hand
Check if the potential receiver is interested in your business.
Asking “Would you like one of my business cards?” can put a person on the spot and may make them feel obligated even if they do not want a card, which will end up with your business card in the trash later. Instead, you can watch for signs of interest during the conversation, and then say “May I give you one of my cards?” if the person seems interested. This not only keeps the person from feeling like they must take your business card, it also keeps you from wasting your cards.
Indicate what’s different.
Once you have your business cards, tell everyone that your new cards are in. Almost everyone you know will want one, even if they have one of your old ones. When you give out one of your new business cards, advertise the unique aspects of it.
Point out any features which are different from the traditional white card, and mention the attributes which make your card one of a kind. Many people have business cards which contain things on both sides of the card, and if yours has this feature make sure you tell people when you hand them your business card.
Establish rapport with the receiver.
Make sure that you have a connection with a person before you give them your business card. Make eye contact from the very start, give a firm handshake but do not grip tightly, and start a conversation, it does not matter what small talk or topic you discuss. The important thing is to establish rapport with the individual before you give them your business card. Too many people pass out their business card to every single person they come into contact with, whether the person even wants or needs the card or the services offered by the company.
Give your card only to those who may have a need for it.
Business cards can be a big expense, depending on how you choose to design and print them, and should thus be given to people who may have a need for your services or help increase your business contacts. Handing out your business card is a form of networking to benefit your company, and as a result this will benefit you. Remember to emphasize the benefits of your business during the conversation, and look for interest from the person before handing them your card.
Hopefully, these business card tips help prevent you from making mistakes which will end up costing you lost business, wasted printing expenses, or both. Your business cards can work for you if they are used correctly so be sure not to waste them by giving out your cards just for the sake of ‘handing them out’.
Article created on 5/22/2008
More Business Card Articles
- LCD Video Business Cards - 8/4/2014
- Promote with Extraordinary Business Cards - 12/11/2012
- How Your Business Cards Can Bring You Bigger Business Opportunities - 11/27/2012
- Business Cards: Faceless Device for Good First Impressions - 11/13/2012
- Exploiting Every Possible Use of Business Cards - 10/30/2012
- Four Places You Should Keep Your Business Cards - 10/16/2012
- The Beneficial Aspects of Vertical Business Cards - 10/2/2012
- How to Make Money Handing Out Your Business Cards - 9/18/2012
- Competition for Business is Fierce; Make Your Business Card Stand Out - 9/4/2012
- Business Cards in use Four Centuries - 8/21/2012
- Exclusive Business Card Types to Boost Your Sales and Revenues - 8/7/2012
- Business Card Etiquette - How to Give And Receive Business Cards - 7/24/2012
- Quality is a must! - 7/10/2012
- Business Card Tips - 6/26/2012
- Are Business Cards a Lost Art? - 6/12/2012
- Choosing Correct Theme for Your Free Business Cards - 5/29/2012
- The Use of Business Cards in Exhibits - 5/15/2012
- Enhance Your Business by Attractive Business Cards - 5/1/2012
- Distort Your Business Cards! - 4/17/2012
- Your Business Card as a Strategic Marketing Tool - 4/3/2012
- Create Your Smart Impression with a Stylish Business Card Holder - 3/20/2012
- Effective Business Cards for Small Business - 3/6/2012
- Business Cards Design - The Font and Style of the Matter - 2/21/2012
- 16 Ways to Make Your Business Cards Unforgettable - 2/7/2012
- Top Five Uses Postcard Business Cards - 6/15/2009
- The Future of Business Printing - 6/8/2009
- The Best Business Cards - What Makes Them So Great? - 6/1/2009
- The Benefits of Online Brochure Printing - 5/25/2009
- Student Business Cards - Why, When, Where, How? - 5/18/2009
- Start Your Own Company Selling Business Cards - 5/11/2009
- Postcard Design - The Easy Way - 5/4/2009
- Pamphlet Printing And Distribution - 4/27/2009
- Launching Your Very Own Online Business Printing Company - 4/20/2009
- Online Business Printing: An Approach To Marketing - 4/13/2009
- How to Market Business Cards - 4/6/2009
- Make Your Own Business Cards - 3/30/2009
- Good Flyer Design - How To Stick Out Like A Sore Thumb - 3/23/2009
- Full Color Brochure Printing - A Guide - 3/16/2009
- Effective Postcard Marketing For Small Businesses - 3/9/2009
- Eco-friendly Business Cards - An Idea Whose Time Has Come - 3/2/2009
- Direct Mail Postcard - A D.I.Y Guide - 2/23/2009
- Different Ways to Print Business Cards - 2/16/2009
- Custom Business Printing For Small Businesses - 2/9/2009
- How To Cut Down Corporate Business Printing Costs - 2/2/2009
- Color Business Cards: The Problem And The Solution - 1/26/2009
- Business Stationary Printing As A Form Of Marketing - 1/19/2009
- Business Printing - What To Expect From An Online Printer - 1/12/2009
- Business Printing Done Professionally And Economically - 1/5/2009
- Business Printing Alternatives - Saving You Money, Saving You Time - 12/29/2008
- Business Cards With A Seasonal Approach - 12/22/2008
- Business Cards - The Seeds Of Any Business - 12/15/2008
- Business Cards - Creativity Pays - 12/8/2008
- Business Cards And The Future - 12/1/2008
- Business Cards And Texture - 11/24/2008
- What Works and What Doesnt When It Comes to Business Cards - 11/17/2008
- What Makes a Good Business Card? - 11/10/2008
- Using Your Free Personalized Business Cards - 11/3/2008
- Using Proper Business Card Etiquette to Win Over Clients - 10/27/2008
- The Convenience of Business Cards vs. Over-Reliance on Technology - 10/20/2008
- Professional Free Printed Business Cards - 10/13/2008
- Optimizing Your Business Cards for Repeat Business - 10/6/2008
- How to Get Free Business Cards - 9/29/2008
- Free Online Business Cards - 9/22/2008
- Business Cards: The Smart Way to Communicate with Technophobes - 9/15/2008
- Business Cards: A Brief History - 9/8/2008
- Business Card Technology - 9/1/2008
- Bridging the Generation Gap with Business Cards - 8/25/2008
- 5 Ways to Make Your Free Business Card Stand Out - 8/18/2008
- The Meishi: The Japanese Business Card - 8/11/2008
- Business Card Design 101 - 8/4/2008
- Business Card Etiquette - 7/28/2008
- Common Business Card Mistakes - Don't Leave Home Without Them - 7/21/2008
- How to Make Your Business Card One-of-a-Kind - 7/14/2008
- Its Time to Get Creative! - 7/7/2008
- Seven Benefits to Ordering Online Business Cards - 6/30/2008
- Six Events and Situations When You Should Give Out Your Business Cards - 6/23/2008
- Ten Ways to Make Your Business Cards Different and Unique - 6/19/2008
- Six HOT Business Card Networking Tactics - 6/16/2008
- What Business Card Information Should You Include on Your Card? - 6/12/2008
- What to Do to Make Your Business Card Stand Out - 6/5/2008
- What You MUST Include on Your Cards - 5/29/2008
- When Should You Give a Card? - 5/22/2008
- Why Ordering Online Business Cards is the Better Option - 5/15/2008
- Why You Should Have Your Business Cards Printed Online - 5/8/2008