Quality is a must!
Professional business cards are vital. You want your business to look its best and you want to appear professional as a business person. Sophisticated businesses have slick, professionally designed and printed cards. If you attempt to do-it-yourself as a card designer and/or printer, your business runs the risk of looking amateur, cheap and unprofessional. That’s not the message you want to give out with your card.
What Makes a Business Card Look Professional?
Opt for a card which is a uniform size and shape. Creativity is great but not in variations from standard size and shape. If your card fails to fit into a card holder or a wallet, it will most likely get discarded. Cutsie shapes look Mickey Mouse. They are not professional looking—unless you’re running a children’s birthday clown service.
Unless graphic design is your business, I’d always go with a professional graphic design service. Companies like freebusinesscards.com provide classy cards in best design and give great advice to their clients concerning font, lettering, spacing, color and logo. Hiring a graphic artist is money well spent. The time you would have to spend on research and customizing your business card is better spent on some other facet of your business. Leave the design to a professional.
Strive for uniqueness. You have only a few seconds to grab your receiver’s attention. Then the card disappears into a wallet or pocket. Unless the design, color, logo, graphic or some other feature has caught the receiver’s attention in those few seconds, he is unlikely to refer to your card again.
While uniqueness is important, legibility is more crucial. If your card is hard to read, the receiver won’t spend long on it. Think of billboards. As your vehicle flashes by them you have a few seconds to read. The message should be large, spare on words and leave space for the reader’s eye. Avoid fancy fonts and light lettering. Choose black or navy or dark green print in lower case easy-to-read fonts. Use only one or—at the most—two fonts. Go for color in your background.
Use the same logo and business masthead on your card, website, other advertising and letterhead. That way the one triggers memory of the other.
Your card, your logo, your graphics, the print and your company name should all be aimed at convincing the receiver that your company is the best in its field. That’s why businesses use terms like: qualities, excellence, class A, A-one, tip top, executive, first and acme in their titles.
“We are the best!” is inferred in their very name.
Avoid raised lettering. It’s expensive, hard to read, under-appreciated and outdated!
Less is more. Choose words wisely to capture the essence of what you want the receiver to know about your business. Provide a URL for more details on your website
Remember your card has two sides. Use the back for point form benefits of using your company.
If you opt for slick coating, don’t coat the back. You or the receiver can write a memory jog on it.
If you must economize, do not do so on the quality of paper on which you card is printed. Nothing signals “cheap”, “shoddy” and “low class” more than flimsy paper.
Get lots of cards printed. It’s cheaper to do so and you want to leave your card everywhere!
Attached your business card to every written communication you send out.
When you are looking for professional business cards, a good place to start your search for best business cards is http://www.freebusinesscards.com.
Article created on 7/10/2012
More Business Card Articles
- LCD Video Business Cards - 8/4/2014
- Promote with Extraordinary Business Cards - 12/11/2012
- How Your Business Cards Can Bring You Bigger Business Opportunities - 11/27/2012
- Business Cards: Faceless Device for Good First Impressions - 11/13/2012
- Exploiting Every Possible Use of Business Cards - 10/30/2012
- Four Places You Should Keep Your Business Cards - 10/16/2012
- The Beneficial Aspects of Vertical Business Cards - 10/2/2012
- How to Make Money Handing Out Your Business Cards - 9/18/2012
- Competition for Business is Fierce; Make Your Business Card Stand Out - 9/4/2012
- Business Cards in use Four Centuries - 8/21/2012
- Exclusive Business Card Types to Boost Your Sales and Revenues - 8/7/2012
- Business Card Etiquette - How to Give And Receive Business Cards - 7/24/2012
- Quality is a must! - 7/10/2012
- Business Card Tips - 6/26/2012
- Are Business Cards a Lost Art? - 6/12/2012
- Choosing Correct Theme for Your Free Business Cards - 5/29/2012
- The Use of Business Cards in Exhibits - 5/15/2012
- Enhance Your Business by Attractive Business Cards - 5/1/2012
- Distort Your Business Cards! - 4/17/2012
- Your Business Card as a Strategic Marketing Tool - 4/3/2012
- Create Your Smart Impression with a Stylish Business Card Holder - 3/20/2012
- Effective Business Cards for Small Business - 3/6/2012
- Business Cards Design - The Font and Style of the Matter - 2/21/2012
- 16 Ways to Make Your Business Cards Unforgettable - 2/7/2012
- Top Five Uses Postcard Business Cards - 6/15/2009
- The Future of Business Printing - 6/8/2009
- The Best Business Cards - What Makes Them So Great? - 6/1/2009
- The Benefits of Online Brochure Printing - 5/25/2009
- Student Business Cards - Why, When, Where, How? - 5/18/2009
- Start Your Own Company Selling Business Cards - 5/11/2009
- Postcard Design - The Easy Way - 5/4/2009
- Pamphlet Printing And Distribution - 4/27/2009
- Launching Your Very Own Online Business Printing Company - 4/20/2009
- Online Business Printing: An Approach To Marketing - 4/13/2009
- How to Market Business Cards - 4/6/2009
- Make Your Own Business Cards - 3/30/2009
- Good Flyer Design - How To Stick Out Like A Sore Thumb - 3/23/2009
- Full Color Brochure Printing - A Guide - 3/16/2009
- Effective Postcard Marketing For Small Businesses - 3/9/2009
- Eco-friendly Business Cards - An Idea Whose Time Has Come - 3/2/2009
- Direct Mail Postcard - A D.I.Y Guide - 2/23/2009
- Different Ways to Print Business Cards - 2/16/2009
- Custom Business Printing For Small Businesses - 2/9/2009
- How To Cut Down Corporate Business Printing Costs - 2/2/2009
- Color Business Cards: The Problem And The Solution - 1/26/2009
- Business Stationary Printing As A Form Of Marketing - 1/19/2009
- Business Printing - What To Expect From An Online Printer - 1/12/2009
- Business Printing Done Professionally And Economically - 1/5/2009
- Business Printing Alternatives - Saving You Money, Saving You Time - 12/29/2008
- Business Cards With A Seasonal Approach - 12/22/2008
- Business Cards - The Seeds Of Any Business - 12/15/2008
- Business Cards - Creativity Pays - 12/8/2008
- Business Cards And The Future - 12/1/2008
- Business Cards And Texture - 11/24/2008
- What Works and What Doesnt When It Comes to Business Cards - 11/17/2008
- What Makes a Good Business Card? - 11/10/2008
- Using Your Free Personalized Business Cards - 11/3/2008
- Using Proper Business Card Etiquette to Win Over Clients - 10/27/2008
- The Convenience of Business Cards vs. Over-Reliance on Technology - 10/20/2008
- Professional Free Printed Business Cards - 10/13/2008
- Optimizing Your Business Cards for Repeat Business - 10/6/2008
- How to Get Free Business Cards - 9/29/2008
- Free Online Business Cards - 9/22/2008
- Business Cards: The Smart Way to Communicate with Technophobes - 9/15/2008
- Business Cards: A Brief History - 9/8/2008
- Business Card Technology - 9/1/2008
- Bridging the Generation Gap with Business Cards - 8/25/2008
- 5 Ways to Make Your Free Business Card Stand Out - 8/18/2008
- The Meishi: The Japanese Business Card - 8/11/2008
- Business Card Design 101 - 8/4/2008
- Business Card Etiquette - 7/28/2008
- Common Business Card Mistakes - Don't Leave Home Without Them - 7/21/2008
- How to Make Your Business Card One-of-a-Kind - 7/14/2008
- Its Time to Get Creative! - 7/7/2008
- Seven Benefits to Ordering Online Business Cards - 6/30/2008
- Six Events and Situations When You Should Give Out Your Business Cards - 6/23/2008
- Ten Ways to Make Your Business Cards Different and Unique - 6/19/2008
- Six HOT Business Card Networking Tactics - 6/16/2008
- What Business Card Information Should You Include on Your Card? - 6/12/2008
- What to Do to Make Your Business Card Stand Out - 6/5/2008
- What You MUST Include on Your Cards - 5/29/2008
- When Should You Give a Card? - 5/22/2008
- Why Ordering Online Business Cards is the Better Option - 5/15/2008
- Why You Should Have Your Business Cards Printed Online - 5/8/2008