Promote with Extraordinary Business Cards
In spite of arguments that electronic social media sites like Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter have rendered business cards obsolete, there is a place for the business card. What electronic communication has done is up the ante. Business cards need to be exceptional to capture the receiver’s immediate attention. Otherwise, they will end up in the trash!
If you are computer savvy you can use one the many business card templates to create your own business card design. If you are not, hire a graphic artist. It’s worth the expense to have an extraordinary business card!
Face-to-face meetings still occur in spite of teleconferencing and video meetings and Skype. The business card has a place at these meetings and at every other written communication you send out. Have lots of business cards ready to distribute at business meetings, conferences, seminars, forums and social events.
Networking events have become popular—perhaps because so much is done electronically now. This is an excellent opportunity to exchange business cards.
Attach a business card to letters, press releases, brochures, flyers, public relations kits, memos, thank you cards...anything you send out or distribute in written form.
Okay. We’ve talked about how to create a good business card. We’ve talked about when to disseminate them. But, how do you prevent them from being discarded?
Make it interesting. Make it professional. Make it colorful. Offer incentives like: “download a coupon from my website at...” or “present this card and receive 20% of your first order”. People love free stuff!!
Why not try new wrinkles on the old business card? Create a magnet card. Magnetic business cards are often placed in a conspicuous place—desk, filing cabinet, fridge, bulletin board… The information is right in front of them when potential customers want to contact you. No more shuffling through a pile of business cards, a wallet, a credit card holder or a file folder.
What’s more your magnet card can be used to hold papers and thus is doubly functional. Magnetic cards last longer and don’t get dog-eared. They continue to look new. They are worth the extra expense. You can custom design the shape to reflect your business. For instance: cookie shaped magnets for a baking or catering business; a horse-shaped magnet for a blacksmith; a car-shaped magnet for an automotive business; a dryer shaped magnet for hair stylist. My cardiologist distributes heart-shaped business card magnets. My hair dresser hands out mirror business cards. My friend who plans children’s parties has a business card shaped like a birthday hat! The local oldies radio station has cards shaped like a juke box. Our landscaper’s magnetic business card is shaped like a garden tractor. This is a place where you can get creative!
Another great alternative is the plastic business card. It looks unique—automatically separating it from the rest of the business cards. Plastic cards remain new looking and can take a lot of abuse in pockets, wallets, and bulletin boards. They do not fade or become wrinkled and tattered. Plastic cards have wow appeal to potential clients. Your customers will remember your card when it comes time to seek your services.
Plastic cards and magnets are popular inclusions in press kits and information packets.
No matter how electronic we become, there is still a place for a professional business card. For more information and help to design the best business card, a good place to start is http://www.freebusinesscards.com.
Article created on 12/11/2012
More Business Card Articles
- LCD Video Business Cards - 8/4/2014
- Promote with Extraordinary Business Cards - 12/11/2012
- How Your Business Cards Can Bring You Bigger Business Opportunities - 11/27/2012
- Business Cards: Faceless Device for Good First Impressions - 11/13/2012
- Exploiting Every Possible Use of Business Cards - 10/30/2012
- Four Places You Should Keep Your Business Cards - 10/16/2012
- The Beneficial Aspects of Vertical Business Cards - 10/2/2012
- How to Make Money Handing Out Your Business Cards - 9/18/2012
- Competition for Business is Fierce; Make Your Business Card Stand Out - 9/4/2012
- Business Cards in use Four Centuries - 8/21/2012
- Exclusive Business Card Types to Boost Your Sales and Revenues - 8/7/2012
- Business Card Etiquette - How to Give And Receive Business Cards - 7/24/2012
- Quality is a must! - 7/10/2012
- Business Card Tips - 6/26/2012
- Are Business Cards a Lost Art? - 6/12/2012
- Choosing Correct Theme for Your Free Business Cards - 5/29/2012
- The Use of Business Cards in Exhibits - 5/15/2012
- Enhance Your Business by Attractive Business Cards - 5/1/2012
- Distort Your Business Cards! - 4/17/2012
- Your Business Card as a Strategic Marketing Tool - 4/3/2012
- Create Your Smart Impression with a Stylish Business Card Holder - 3/20/2012
- Effective Business Cards for Small Business - 3/6/2012
- Business Cards Design - The Font and Style of the Matter - 2/21/2012
- 16 Ways to Make Your Business Cards Unforgettable - 2/7/2012
- Top Five Uses Postcard Business Cards - 6/15/2009
- The Future of Business Printing - 6/8/2009
- The Best Business Cards - What Makes Them So Great? - 6/1/2009
- The Benefits of Online Brochure Printing - 5/25/2009
- Student Business Cards - Why, When, Where, How? - 5/18/2009
- Start Your Own Company Selling Business Cards - 5/11/2009
- Postcard Design - The Easy Way - 5/4/2009
- Pamphlet Printing And Distribution - 4/27/2009
- Launching Your Very Own Online Business Printing Company - 4/20/2009
- Online Business Printing: An Approach To Marketing - 4/13/2009
- How to Market Business Cards - 4/6/2009
- Make Your Own Business Cards - 3/30/2009
- Good Flyer Design - How To Stick Out Like A Sore Thumb - 3/23/2009
- Full Color Brochure Printing - A Guide - 3/16/2009
- Effective Postcard Marketing For Small Businesses - 3/9/2009
- Eco-friendly Business Cards - An Idea Whose Time Has Come - 3/2/2009
- Direct Mail Postcard - A D.I.Y Guide - 2/23/2009
- Different Ways to Print Business Cards - 2/16/2009
- Custom Business Printing For Small Businesses - 2/9/2009
- How To Cut Down Corporate Business Printing Costs - 2/2/2009
- Color Business Cards: The Problem And The Solution - 1/26/2009
- Business Stationary Printing As A Form Of Marketing - 1/19/2009
- Business Printing - What To Expect From An Online Printer - 1/12/2009
- Business Printing Done Professionally And Economically - 1/5/2009
- Business Printing Alternatives - Saving You Money, Saving You Time - 12/29/2008
- Business Cards With A Seasonal Approach - 12/22/2008
- Business Cards - The Seeds Of Any Business - 12/15/2008
- Business Cards - Creativity Pays - 12/8/2008
- Business Cards And The Future - 12/1/2008
- Business Cards And Texture - 11/24/2008
- What Works and What Doesnt When It Comes to Business Cards - 11/17/2008
- What Makes a Good Business Card? - 11/10/2008
- Using Your Free Personalized Business Cards - 11/3/2008
- Using Proper Business Card Etiquette to Win Over Clients - 10/27/2008
- The Convenience of Business Cards vs. Over-Reliance on Technology - 10/20/2008
- Professional Free Printed Business Cards - 10/13/2008
- Optimizing Your Business Cards for Repeat Business - 10/6/2008
- How to Get Free Business Cards - 9/29/2008
- Free Online Business Cards - 9/22/2008
- Business Cards: The Smart Way to Communicate with Technophobes - 9/15/2008
- Business Cards: A Brief History - 9/8/2008
- Business Card Technology - 9/1/2008
- Bridging the Generation Gap with Business Cards - 8/25/2008
- 5 Ways to Make Your Free Business Card Stand Out - 8/18/2008
- The Meishi: The Japanese Business Card - 8/11/2008
- Business Card Design 101 - 8/4/2008
- Business Card Etiquette - 7/28/2008
- Common Business Card Mistakes - Don't Leave Home Without Them - 7/21/2008
- How to Make Your Business Card One-of-a-Kind - 7/14/2008
- Its Time to Get Creative! - 7/7/2008
- Seven Benefits to Ordering Online Business Cards - 6/30/2008
- Six Events and Situations When You Should Give Out Your Business Cards - 6/23/2008
- Ten Ways to Make Your Business Cards Different and Unique - 6/19/2008
- Six HOT Business Card Networking Tactics - 6/16/2008
- What Business Card Information Should You Include on Your Card? - 6/12/2008
- What to Do to Make Your Business Card Stand Out - 6/5/2008
- What You MUST Include on Your Cards - 5/29/2008
- When Should You Give a Card? - 5/22/2008
- Why Ordering Online Business Cards is the Better Option - 5/15/2008
- Why You Should Have Your Business Cards Printed Online - 5/8/2008