How Your Business Cards Can Bring You Bigger Business Opportunities
With the increase in electronic communication we’ve become more and more a “paperless society”. That’s why many argue that the use of business cards has become outdated.
PDAs, iPhones, laptops and BlackBerry's all make use of electronic databases. Why, then, would a user of the aforesaid technology consider it necessary to have hard and keep copy business cards?
Many networking situations like meetings forums, seminars and conferences have gone the route of tele-transmission to offset travel time and cost. Those instances that used to be ripe for passing out business cards have disappeared with the introduction of Internet and Wi-Fi and mobile applications.
Many businesses have gone e-business or have devoted a part of their goods and services to online commerce where business cards are unnecessary and peculiar to an Internet-based company.
Printing and design and materials costs have also increased making business cards more expensive to create and to reproduce. As well, environmentally-conscious groups have sought to save trees by eliminating extra paper products.
All of the above have forced our society to rethink the place of the business card in today’s business and commerce.
Business Card Tips
However, there will always be a place for the business card. Many still prefer a hardcopy reference they can affix to a bulletin board or file cabinet. They like to jot information about their encounter on the back of the card as a reminder or memory trigger.
Those who are seeking to introduce a new product or service or even a new website use business cards to get known, as a reference to their URL or as a point-form overview of their goods and/or services. The back of a business card is an excellent spot for this capsule view.
Business cards go hand in hand with first impressions of the business person who is handing them out. A slickly created business card will enhance a potential client’s impression of the business and its spokesperson.
The business card also allows an agent of that company to offer savings, discounts and get-acquainted deals. The back of your business card might be a coupon for 15% off your first visit. It might direct you to download a coupon or a free booklet from your website. My friend who owns a restaurant distributes business cards which offer receivers a free appetizer if they bring in three friends. Another encourages them to fill out the birthday information on the web and get a free dessert. Tell-a-friend offers through information on your business card are very popular. So, too, are: “drop your business card in our bowl when you dine with us and be eligible to win dinner for two” campaigns.
Business cards are one of the least expensive forms of advertising. They are more effective than many advertising media because they come with a personal touch.
When you send out or hand out any written communication: invoices, letters, press releases, information packages, flyers and newsletters attach a business card. You never know who will use this to promote you business to a friend.
Do your utmost to make your card stand out from the others. Colored cover stock is an excellent start. Hire a graphic artist to work with you on a logo, a slogan, a banner and placement of easy-to-read print on your card. It will be money well spent.
Use the same banner, logo and slogan on all your communication: letterhead, brochures, business cards and your website. That way people will have instant recognition. You doubt the effectiveness of this procedure? Think about McDonald’s Big Mac recognizable by any child before he learns to read!
Article created on 11/27/2012
More Business Card Articles
- LCD Video Business Cards - 8/4/2014
- Promote with Extraordinary Business Cards - 12/11/2012
- How Your Business Cards Can Bring You Bigger Business Opportunities - 11/27/2012
- Business Cards: Faceless Device for Good First Impressions - 11/13/2012
- Exploiting Every Possible Use of Business Cards - 10/30/2012
- Four Places You Should Keep Your Business Cards - 10/16/2012
- The Beneficial Aspects of Vertical Business Cards - 10/2/2012
- How to Make Money Handing Out Your Business Cards - 9/18/2012
- Competition for Business is Fierce; Make Your Business Card Stand Out - 9/4/2012
- Business Cards in use Four Centuries - 8/21/2012
- Exclusive Business Card Types to Boost Your Sales and Revenues - 8/7/2012
- Business Card Etiquette - How to Give And Receive Business Cards - 7/24/2012
- Quality is a must! - 7/10/2012
- Business Card Tips - 6/26/2012
- Are Business Cards a Lost Art? - 6/12/2012
- Choosing Correct Theme for Your Free Business Cards - 5/29/2012
- The Use of Business Cards in Exhibits - 5/15/2012
- Enhance Your Business by Attractive Business Cards - 5/1/2012
- Distort Your Business Cards! - 4/17/2012
- Your Business Card as a Strategic Marketing Tool - 4/3/2012
- Create Your Smart Impression with a Stylish Business Card Holder - 3/20/2012
- Effective Business Cards for Small Business - 3/6/2012
- Business Cards Design - The Font and Style of the Matter - 2/21/2012
- 16 Ways to Make Your Business Cards Unforgettable - 2/7/2012
- Top Five Uses Postcard Business Cards - 6/15/2009
- The Future of Business Printing - 6/8/2009
- The Best Business Cards - What Makes Them So Great? - 6/1/2009
- The Benefits of Online Brochure Printing - 5/25/2009
- Student Business Cards - Why, When, Where, How? - 5/18/2009
- Start Your Own Company Selling Business Cards - 5/11/2009
- Postcard Design - The Easy Way - 5/4/2009
- Pamphlet Printing And Distribution - 4/27/2009
- Launching Your Very Own Online Business Printing Company - 4/20/2009
- Online Business Printing: An Approach To Marketing - 4/13/2009
- How to Market Business Cards - 4/6/2009
- Make Your Own Business Cards - 3/30/2009
- Good Flyer Design - How To Stick Out Like A Sore Thumb - 3/23/2009
- Full Color Brochure Printing - A Guide - 3/16/2009
- Effective Postcard Marketing For Small Businesses - 3/9/2009
- Eco-friendly Business Cards - An Idea Whose Time Has Come - 3/2/2009
- Direct Mail Postcard - A D.I.Y Guide - 2/23/2009
- Different Ways to Print Business Cards - 2/16/2009
- Custom Business Printing For Small Businesses - 2/9/2009
- How To Cut Down Corporate Business Printing Costs - 2/2/2009
- Color Business Cards: The Problem And The Solution - 1/26/2009
- Business Stationary Printing As A Form Of Marketing - 1/19/2009
- Business Printing - What To Expect From An Online Printer - 1/12/2009
- Business Printing Done Professionally And Economically - 1/5/2009
- Business Printing Alternatives - Saving You Money, Saving You Time - 12/29/2008
- Business Cards With A Seasonal Approach - 12/22/2008
- Business Cards - The Seeds Of Any Business - 12/15/2008
- Business Cards - Creativity Pays - 12/8/2008
- Business Cards And The Future - 12/1/2008
- Business Cards And Texture - 11/24/2008
- What Works and What Doesnt When It Comes to Business Cards - 11/17/2008
- What Makes a Good Business Card? - 11/10/2008
- Using Your Free Personalized Business Cards - 11/3/2008
- Using Proper Business Card Etiquette to Win Over Clients - 10/27/2008
- The Convenience of Business Cards vs. Over-Reliance on Technology - 10/20/2008
- Professional Free Printed Business Cards - 10/13/2008
- Optimizing Your Business Cards for Repeat Business - 10/6/2008
- How to Get Free Business Cards - 9/29/2008
- Free Online Business Cards - 9/22/2008
- Business Cards: The Smart Way to Communicate with Technophobes - 9/15/2008
- Business Cards: A Brief History - 9/8/2008
- Business Card Technology - 9/1/2008
- Bridging the Generation Gap with Business Cards - 8/25/2008
- 5 Ways to Make Your Free Business Card Stand Out - 8/18/2008
- The Meishi: The Japanese Business Card - 8/11/2008
- Business Card Design 101 - 8/4/2008
- Business Card Etiquette - 7/28/2008
- Common Business Card Mistakes - Don't Leave Home Without Them - 7/21/2008
- How to Make Your Business Card One-of-a-Kind - 7/14/2008
- Its Time to Get Creative! - 7/7/2008
- Seven Benefits to Ordering Online Business Cards - 6/30/2008
- Six Events and Situations When You Should Give Out Your Business Cards - 6/23/2008
- Ten Ways to Make Your Business Cards Different and Unique - 6/19/2008
- Six HOT Business Card Networking Tactics - 6/16/2008
- What Business Card Information Should You Include on Your Card? - 6/12/2008
- What to Do to Make Your Business Card Stand Out - 6/5/2008
- What You MUST Include on Your Cards - 5/29/2008
- When Should You Give a Card? - 5/22/2008
- Why Ordering Online Business Cards is the Better Option - 5/15/2008
- Why You Should Have Your Business Cards Printed Online - 5/8/2008